REAL ESTATE AND DEVELOPMENT
The real estate practice of the firm includes all aspects of local real estate investing, financing, and development.
Our real estate attorneys guide clients through all of the stages of a property sale or investment, from the initial regulatory approvals, through the title search and completion process, and the post-closing attendances with the relevant Government departments.
We have a loyal base of both local and foreign clients ranging from first time home purchasers, to large-scale developers and lenders.
Our expertise includes:
- Conveyancing (sale and purchases) of residential, private islands, and commercial property
- Financing secured by real estate (mortgages, debentures, owner-financing)
- Master planning for resort, mixed-use and residential communities
- Lender remedies (workouts, restructuring, power of sale)
- Subdivision and Severance
- Fractional ownership
- Private and commercial leases
- Government regulatory approvals and licencing
- Opinions on Title
- Title Insurance
- Quieting Title
We are one of the few firms in The Bahamas who have an in-house microfiche library, which is a real advantage in searching and reviewing title.
Real estate transactions in The Bahamas are subject to certain regulatory approvals, stamp tax, value added tax, and realtor commissions, as well as real property tax. We work closely with our clients at the outset of each transaction to manage expectations on the timeframe involved and advise on the hidden costs inherent in the sale and purchase of real estate.
Please click here for an overview of a real estate transaction in The Bahamas.
OFFICES & AFFILIATIONS
St. Andrew's Court
Frederick Street Steps
P.O. Box N-4805
T: (242) 322-1126/323-5600
F: (242) 325-0768/328-8395
P.O. Box AB-20115
Great Abaco, Bahamas
T: (242) 367-2010/367-2024
F: (242) 367-2394
LEX MANAGEMENT LTD.
Corner Frederick &
P.O. Box N-4805
T: (242) 325-4333/322-1126
F: (242) 325-4345/325-0768