COMMERCIAL AND CORPORATE
Our commercial practice is one of the core services of the firm. We represent institutions in large-scale mergers, restructurings and management buy-outs, and we represent many foreign investors and local business owners in the legal and advisory aspects of establishing and maintaining a business in the Bahamas.
Our areas of representation include the following:
- Company formation and maintenance by Lex Management
- Shareholders’ and partnership agreements
- Business and share sales
- Corporate restructuring, mergers, management buy-outs/buy-ins
- Providing Bahamian legal opinions to non-Bahamian clients
- Obtaining regulatory approvals from the Bahamas Investment Authority, business licences, opening bank accounts
- Immigration applications for work permits
- Employee contracts
- Agency, distribution, funding, and other commercial agreements
- Drafting commercial contracts, aviation leasing and mortgaging
- Bankruptcy, insolvency, receivership and corporate winding-up
- Formation of insurance companies in The Bahamas, insurance advisory work.
- Trademark, copyright and patent registration and protection; including but not limited to internet domain name and information technology protection.
Investment in The Bahamas by non-Bahamians is an area which is closely regulated by the Ministry of Finance, and which requires legal assistance. The following guideline provides an overview of what to expect. Please contact Robert Van Wynen or Tamsin Cates for assistance with your potential investment.
OFFICES & AFFILIATIONS
St. Andrew's Court
Frederick Street Steps
P.O. Box N-4805
T: (242) 322-1126/323-5600
F: (242) 325-0768/328-8395
P.O. Box AB-20115
Great Abaco, Bahamas
T: (242) 367-2010/367-2024
F: (242) 367-2394
LEX MANAGEMENT LTD.
Corner Frederick &
P.O. Box N-4805
T: (242) 325-4333/322-1126
F: (242) 325-4345/325-0768